USB 3.0 to IDE/SATA Converter Hard Drive Adapter with Power Switch for 2.5"/3.5"SATA HDD/SSD & IDE HDD Drives Optical Drive
- Supported Drives: most models of 2.5" /3.5" SATA HDD/SSD; 2.5" /3.5" IDE HDD; DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, blue ray drive
- Compatible Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/ 8/10 (32bit and 64bit); Mac OS 10.X.
- Supports data transfer rate up to 5 Gbps with USB 3.0, Backward compatible with USB 2.0 / 1.1
- Dual-Head IDE Connector (40pin and 44pin) and 1 SATA II Connector
- Supports drives with a capacity of up to 6 TB, LED activity indicator, Plug & Play, simple, reliable, and stable
- On/Off Switch for HDD protection, can be switched off when not in use, easy and simple operation, efficiently enhances the lifespan of your devices
SATA/IDE to USB 3.0 Adapter, Hard Drive Reader for Universal 2.5/3.5 Inch IDE and SATA External HDD SSD,CD-ROM/R/RW DVD-ROM (based on ATAPI spec)
USB 3.0 to SATA /IDE Adapter, Connect a SATA drive to a USB port for quick and easy data transfer, backup, and storage.
The EYOOLD SATA/IDE Hard Drive adapter enables you to access desktop or laptop hard drives, without the frustration of assembling hard drive enclosures. By inserting a 2.5″/3.5″ SATA IDE hard drive directly into this adapter, you can quickly access drive contents and transfer files. Transfer data quickly and easily through USB 3.0 at speeds up to 5Gbps. plus, it also supports DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, blue-ray Optical Drive
Basically, if the HD you connected is not seen on the list of drives connected to your computer the problem is not on the converter but on your computer that has not mapped the new Hard Drive. In order to map it does the following:
- First, check that the Bios has recognized it and has it listed.
You simply go to Device Manager and expand the list of Disk Drives. If Bios has recognized it, it should be listed there. But having Bios recognized does not mean that Windows has it, and here comes the mapping.
- if Not recognized, Go to Disk Manager and look at the list of all hard drives. From the Disk Manager (Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions) Right-click on the new HD and create a new volume for that HD. If in doubt, just set the drive to Master or Single drive.
|Support IDE Interface||2.5" & 3.5"|
|Support SATA Interface||2.5" & 3.5"|
|USB Interface||USB 3.0, Backward compatible with USB 2.0 / 1.1|
|Maximum Speed||5 Gbps|
|Simultaneous Reading & Writin||3 Hard Drives|
|Support Optical Drive||✓|
|Power Suppy||DC 12V 2A|
|Support Drive Capacity||6TB|
|Cable Length||39 inch|
|Compatible Devices||2.5“/3.5” SATA IDE HDD SSD; 2.5“/3.5” IDE HDD SSD; 5.25'' DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW|
|Compatible Operating Systems||Windows XP /Vista/7/ 8 /8.1 (32/64-bit), Win 10, Linux, Mac OS 10.10 or higher|
|Package Contents:||1xSATA/IDE to USB Adapter, 1x Hard Drive Cable 3.3ft, 1x DC 12V 2A Power Adapter, 1x 4PIN Power Cable; 1x user Manual|